In today’s world, it seems that everything we could ever want is on demand. Whether it’s a fresh cup of coffee or a new TV show, you can get it with the push of a button. If that’s the case, then why does it still take so long for the shower to heat up?
Traditional water heaters are seldom up to the task of quickly supplying hot water throughout your home or property.
And in our fast-paced society, waiting a minute or two for water to heat up can feel like an eternity!
That’s where point-of-use (POU) water heaters come in. With help from my tankless water heaters, you’ll never have to wait for hot water again.
5 of the Best Point of Use Water Heater Reviews – Highlight
Here is our highlight and recommendations on the point of sue water heaters. A Must Read for those who are in a hurry
With three different tank sizes to choose from, it should not be difficult to find the right one for your needs. Furthermore, it heats water very quickly despite having a tank.
This heater is fast — it delivers hot water within 3 seconds of turning the faucet. In addition, its sleek design won't look out of place in modern bathrooms.
While it may not look like much, this model is an ideal unit for commercial or work spaces. Even better, it's the most energy-efficient unit compared to the ones in my other reviews.
This high flow model is powerful enough to deliver hot water throughout your entire house. It's also the only unit from these water heaters reviews that can you can use for your shower.
The ECO MINI 2.5 will work best in low-flow situations — ideally in a kitchen, or for a bathroom sink. While it's not the best-looking unit, it'll fit comfortably in your sink cabinet.
Last update on 2019-12-11 at 15:59 / Affiliate links / Ratings / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Who needs a point of use water heater?
I’ll be honest — when I first heard of point of use water heaters, I had my doubts. If you’re like me, then you grew up with a gigantic tank heater in your basement or garage. I assumed that a heater no bigger than a toaster couldn’t deliver a consistent flow of hot water.
These days though, the technology is improving by leaps and bounds. A point-of-use heater can provide a reliable, continuous supply of hot water anywhere you need it. Whether it acts alone or as a supplement to your main heater, a point of use heater can add a lot of convenience to your everyday life. Or If you are interested in a power vent water heater reviews that surely will help you decide which type of water heaters are you going Purchase.
Home and office
If you’re currently building a new home or renovating an office, it could be a smart idea to install a few point-of-use water heaters. Central heating systems can be effective, but they often struggle to reach more distant corners of a building. You can minimize the impact of distance with well-planned piping, but even the best-designed system can fall short of ideal.
Hot water’s temperature may decrease as it travels through pipes. The temperature is more likely to decrease the longer the water must travel. Thus, a heater in the basement will take longer to deliver hot water upstairs than downstairs. Furthermore, your core heater will need to run at a higher temperature in order to deliver a consistent flow at the temperature that you want.
By giving each sink, shower, or bathtub its own point of use heater, you can drastically reduce the time it takes to get hot water. Point-of-use heaters can also save you money, as they won’t need to run as hot as a central unit.
But what if you already have a central water heater? While it could seem like an unnecessary luxury to buy a POU heater when you already have a central unit, they can still come in handy. The benefits are similar to those mentioned above: your water will heat more quickly, and you will save money by running the central unit at a lower temperature.
Point of use heaters can be especially useful if you need hot water outside of your house. Since outdoor locations are often quite far from central heaters, it’s possible that the supply and speed of hot water will be unreliable at best.
If you have an outdoor hot tub that is not very close to your house, then a point-of-use water heater may be the right solution for keeping it nice and hot. Point of use heaters are also useful for outdoor cooking areas with sinks, outdoor showers, or bathrooms that are detached from your house.
As tiny houses become more popular, point of use heaters will be in ever-higher demand. It makes sense — small units are ideal for compact spaces. They’re especially useful for people who try to minimize their water usage. If you want to reduce your impact on the environment by downsizing to a tiny house, then a point of use heater will likely be your go-to option.
No water heater is perfect, and point of use heaters may not satisfy everyone’s needs. If you need long-lasting, heavy flows of hot water, then most point of use heaters will fail to deliver. These heaters are also insufficient as backup units for houses that run on solar power. Since most point of use heaters need a continuous supply of power, they’ll be rendered useless if your solar power cuts out.
I found this video which describes some of the advantages and disadvantages of a tankless point of use heater. As the video points out, having your heater too far away from your sink or shower can result in some long waits — for best results, your point of use heater should be as close as possible to its intended outlet.
Do you need a point of use water heater?
If you’re tired of running out of hot water, or if your shower takes a long time to heat up, then a POU heater is probably what you need. Read on for my reviews of the best point of use heaters out there.
This type of water heater is great but if you are looking for the best tankless electric water heater that pack with features to make your life easier. We have written a round-up for it.
Point of use water heater reviews — 2019
1. Bosch Tronic 3000 T
I’ll admit that I can be a bit of a neat freak. When I wash the dishes by hand, I like the water to be piping hot. But I can also be impatient — I don’t like waiting for the water to heat up! For the first of my electric water heaters, I’ll look at the Bosch Tronic 3000 T. This unit can be a good option for people like me who need instant hot water in their kitchen.
The Bosch Tronic 3000 T series includes a range of point of use heaters with onboard tanks. It comes in 3 sizes — 2.5 gallons, 4 gallons, and 7 gallons. The Tronic 3000 T series claims to deliver instant hot water wherever it’s needed, and boasts a minimalist design that appears rather unobtrusive. But how does it hold up for everyday use?
The 2.5 and 4-gallon Bosch Tronic 3000 T models can run on a standard 120V outlet, making them useful as easy-to-install dedicated heaters. The 7-gallon model must be hard-wired, but functions identically to its junior models. Alternately, it’s possible to use any Tronic 3000 T model as a supplement to your main water heater.
Unlike tankless water heaters, there’s no waiting required with the Tronic 3000 T. The storage tank ensures that hot water is available whenever you need it. Additionally, the tank heats water rather quickly — in just a few minutes, it’ll be hot and ready to use.
The Tronic 3000 T is compact — even the 7-gallon variant is only 17.5 x 17.5 x 14.5 inches. It’s designed to stay out of the way, and should fit under most sink cabinets.
- Tank-based storage system delivers instant hot water whenever you need it
- Heating element heats water quickly, so there’s little wait time when you run out of hot water
- Space-saving design stays out of your way and doesn’t draw attention to the unit
- Not suitable for high-volume or long use, as the tank may quickly run empty
- 7-gallon unit doesn’t plug in, so it requires more effort to install
- Prone to leaking, as its pipe threads aren’t as high-quality as the rest of its components
If you need a quick supply of hot water for your kitchen sink, then the Bosch Tronic 3000 T may be the best point of use water heater for you. It’s not the best option for bathroom or outdoor use, however. If you do opt for the Tronic 3000 T, just pay close attention to its connections — you will want to catch leaks before they cause any damage.
- CONVENIENT HOT WATER HEATER: 2.5 gallon point-of-use mini-tank fits under your sink to provide hot water right where you need it. Thermal efficiency is 98%. Dimensions : 13.75 W x 13.75 H x 10.75 D...
- LONG LASTING QUALITY: This electric water heater is easy to maintain and has premium glass-lined material for a long service life. (Amps 12A, Volts (VAC) 120)
- INDEPENDENT INSTALLATION: 36-37" cord plugs into a 120 volt outlet for independent installation or in-line with a large hot water source
- FAST RECOVERY RATE: Eliminates long waits for hot water at your sink, get on demand hot water at your every need (supplies up to 2 sinks at a time)
- EASILY MOUNTED: Can be shelf, wall or floor mounted (bracket included); simply tap into the cold water line and install the water heater directly at the sink to provide hot water
2. ECOTOUCH Eco 55 Electric Tankless Water Heater
Whenever I use the restroom at a restaurant, office, or other business, it seems like the water takes ages to heat up. Washing up with cold water never makes my hands feel as clean as they should be. For business owners who want to give their customers a more hygenic experience, a point of use heater like the ECOTOUCH Eco 55 could be a great investment. Read through the second of my tank water heaters to see if it’s the right one for you.
The ECOTOUCH Eco 55 is a tankless water heater that runs on electricity. Although it doesn’t have a tank, ECOTOUCH claims that the Eco 55 can heat water very quickly — within 3 seconds. It’s meant to be mounted on the wall, but its sleek design means that it won’t be out of place in most modern bathrooms.
Since the Eco 55 doesn’t have a tank, it won’t deliver hot water instantly. Nevertheless, its powerful water heating element will have your water ready within 3 seconds — an impressively short amount of time for a tankless heater. Once the water starts coming, it’ll stay hot as long as the unit has power.
At a mere 15 x 10.4 x 4.9 inches, the ECOTOUCH Eco 55 takes up very little space. Its attractive and minimalist design will fit in nicely with most modern bathroom decor — a good thing, since it must be mounted on the wall. It also comes in two colors: black and white.
Installing the Eco 55 isn’t exactly easy — ECOTOUCH recommends that you have a professional install the unit for you. If you’re looking for something that you can simply set up and start using right away, the Eco 55 may not be the best choice.
- Tankless design ensures an endless flow of hot water
- Very quick heating element produces hot water in just 3 seconds
- Sleek design keeps your bathroom looking clean and classy
- Wall mounted only, so you’re harder to put somewhere out of sight if you don’t like its look
- Difficult to install, which may mean paying extra for professional installation
- Only suitable for use with sinks — won’t work well for showers!
If you’re looking for a point of use heater that’ll provide fast and reliable hot water to a bathroom, then you can’t find better than the ECOTOUCH Eco 55. It’s best-suited for commercial spaces like offices or businesses — if you need a heater for your bathroom at home, then you should keep reading!
- 【INSTANT & SUFFICIENT HOT WATER】Applied with 5.5KW heating system, the electric water heater supplies instant, consistent and endless hot water of 116℉or higher temp shortly, no waiting for...
- 【SMART SELF ADJUSTMENT】The hot water heater adjusts power input based on flow rate and temp setting in real time. For example, less power will be applied by the system when waterflow reduced, thus...
- 【CONVENIENT USE】The tankless water heater comes with digital display & touch control panel so temp setting is easy job. Now turn on the tap and let the smart unit do the rest, you needn’t go...
- 【SAFE and DURABLE】Applied with multiple protection devices, every piece goes through strict tests to ensure 100% safe. Inner water and electricity lines are designed to run separately so as to...
- 【POINT of USE】The sleek tankless water heater is compact as an oatmeal box, making it possible to install anywhere close to outlet and avoid energy waste. It can be mounted horizontally,...
3. Eemax EEM12004
Sometimes, simpler is better — especially when you need to outfit your business or a spare bathroom at home. I don’t always agree that form is more important than function, especially when a product functions exceptionally well. The Eemax EEM12004, which I cover in the next of my solar water heater, is a great example of function over form — it may not look like much, but it can get the job done.
The Eemax EEM12004 is, well, blue. It’s a very straightforward unit that promises a continuous hot water flow either at home or at work. The EEM12004 consumes very little power as well. But how does it compare to other similar units, like the Eco 55 above?
As mentioned above, the Eemax EEM12004 won’t likely win any design awards. Its bright blue exterior will probably stand out in most settings — for all the wrong reasons. But its whimsical appearance should not stop you from acknowledging its strong points.
The EEM12004 can handle a 0.5 gallon per minute flow — it’s plenty for a sink, but not enough for heavy-volume usage. That is similar to the Eco 55. Where they differ, however, is in power consumption — the EEM12004 consumes only 4kw per hour. By using less power, the EEM12004 could end up saving you some money compared to other units.
Size often matters — if you’re pressed for space, then you don’t want a large heater getting in your way. The EEM12004 is the smallest unit on this list — it weighs only 4.25 pounds and measures 6 x 11 x 3 inches.
- Small, lightweight, and compact design won’t take up unnecessary space
- High energy efficiency will make it cost less to run than other units
- Provides near-instant hot water, which is exactly what any good point of use heater should do
- Unsightly design — it looks like a Smurf!
- Not suitable for showers or other high-volume usage
- Water temperature control will drop if the flow is too high
Looks aren’t everything — the EEM12004 demonstrates that. You may not want to choose the EEM12004 if your point of use water heater will be out in the open, whether you’re at home or at your place of business. For a workshop or employees-only restroom, however, the EEM12004 is a powerful and efficient heater that’ll be a fast, reliable source of hot water.
- Tank less water heaters provide a continuous Supply of hot water and only heats the water you need, when you need it
- Instant, consistent and endless hot water
- The most advanced, self-modulating technology available, meaning the unit will adjust how much energy needs to be input based on how much hot water is needed
- Compact size saves valuable storage space
- Before purchase and installation, Please verify that this EEM12004 is the correct size for your hot water needs
4. EcoSmart ECO 11
My master bathroom is possibly my favorite room in the house. There’s nothing better than taking a nice, long shower — unless someone has already used up all the water! Is your partner a shower hog? If so, then you might want to pick up a point of use water heater like the EcoSmart ECO 11, which I’ll cover in the fourth of my water heaters reviews.
Like most of the other units on this list, the EcoSmart ECO 11 is tankless. It promises to heat water quickly and keep it flowing. More intriguingly, it’s a “whole home” unit — it’s designed to be used for all of your household needs. It seems like a powerful device in a small package. But how effective is it for everyday use?
The first detail about the EcoSmart ECO 11 that really stands out is its impressive flow. It can provide 2 gallons of hot water per minute — that is four times as much the EEM12004. 2 gallons per minute is enough for even the most powerful sink, and it should be enough for most showers.
While this flow rate makes the ECO 11 suitable for water heating throughout your home, it might not be the best unit for replacing your old central unit. The ECO 11 functions better in warmer climates, where the incoming water’s temperature is already 67℉. If your water is not this warm on its own, then you should really only use the ECO 11 as a point of use heater.
If the ECO 11 has not already impressed you, you may be surprised to learn that it’s only 3.5 x 8 x 11 inches. It’s about the same size as the EEM12004, but has four times the output. Although it’s a bit heavier, it also looks better — its design is similar to the ECOTOUCH Eco 55.
- High flow of 2 gallons per minute makes this a POU heater that works for the whole house
- Compact and attractive design provides a high volume flow without taking up space
- Suitable for all purposes, including showers, sinks, and hot tubs
- Works better in warmer climates where ambient water temperature control is at least 67℉
- Needs to be hard-wired, so it may be challenging to install without professional assistance
- No warranty if you self-install — seriously, have a professional do it!
For heavy-duty usage, the EcoSmart ECO 11 may just be the best point of use heater that you can get. It works well for showers, and can even provide hot water for the entire house under the right circumstances. This is my choice for a unit that you can use in the bathroom — just make sure you have a professional install it for you.
- Lifetime warranty
- Save up to 60-percent on your water heating cost with an ECOSMART electric tankless water heater
- Never run out of hot water with an ECOSMART tankless water heater
- Patented Self Modulating Technology and design
- ECOSMART tankless water heaters are 99.8-percent energy efficient.Uniform Energy Factor:0.98
5. EcoSmart ECO MINI 2.5
For the last of my electric water heater, I’ll look at another device from EcoSmart. we’ve come full circle now, as the EcoSmart ECO MINI 2.5 is a point of use heater that has a tank. If I haven’t convinced you that tankless is the way to go, then perhaps the ECO MINI 2.5 will be the right tank heater for you.
A true point of use water heater, the ECO MINI 2.5 should be attached directly to your sink. Unlike the ECO 11, this unit can’t provide hot water to your entire house. Nevertheless, it promises an easy installation process as well as a dependable output. But is it better than the Bosch Tronic 3000 T?
The EcoSmart ECO MINI 2.5 tells you its tank’s capacity in its name — it can hold and heat 2.5 gallons of water. This is similar to the junior Tronic 3000 T model, which also holds 2.5 gallons of water. Therefore, it’s clear that the ECO MINI 2.5 is best suited for lower-volume usage. It functions best for bathroom sinks, or maybe kitchen sinks that don’t get used in long bursts.
Compared to the other heaters that I’ve reviewed, the ECO MINI 2.5 is very easy to install. However, it doesn’t come with any installation instructions. With a bit of help from the internet, you should be able to get it up and running without having to pay a professional.
For a unit with a tank, the ECO MINI 2.5 doesn’t take up very much space. it’s 16.2 x 1 x 11 inches, so it should fit under most sinks without any trouble. You will probably want to keep it out of sight, too — it’s not as good-looking as the Tronic 3000 T.
- Compact design fits well underneath the sink
- Easy to install as long as you’re able to find helpful advice
- Effective and convenient for low-flow settings like bathroom or kitchen sinks
- No installation instructions included with the unit, so you would have to find help online
- Small tank size which may not be suitable for higher-volume usage
- Less attractive than the competition, so it’ll probably have to stay hidden
While the ECO MINI 2.5 may not be as attractive as the Tronic 3000 T, it’s just as functional. Point of use water heaters should provide hot water right when you need it — the ECO MINI 2.5 does just that. If you decide to pick up this model, just be prepared for the lack of installation information.
- Sleek and compact design with digital output temperature display
- ECOSMART tankless water heaters are 99.8-percent energy efficient
- Manufactured in United States
- 12 A
While there are many excellent point of use water heaters out there, one unit from my water heater reviews stands out from the rest.
According to safe judgment and research, the EcoSmart ECO 11 is the best all-around point of use water heater. It’s versatile, compact, and incredibly powerful — great for everyday household use. While it may not be as easy to install as the other models in my reviews, this is a minor inconvenience. Once it’s been installed, it’ll function exactly how a good POU heater should.
Any of the units on this list, however, should satisfy anyone looking for a solid point of use water heater. They each have their advantages — so which one is the right one for you?
Here is our recommendations:
Last update on 2019-12-11 at 15:59 / Affiliate links / Ratings / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API