It’s difficult to recover from a break-in. The potential physical health consequences are usually the least of your concern — bruises heal. The problem stays inside your head where it leaves trauma, fear, and panic.
That paranoid mental condition is almost impossible to understand until you actually experience it. However, paranoia isn’t something you should live with. It’s harmful for your mental health, your family, and your business.
Instead of living in constant fear and alertness, I suggest you get an 8 channel security system.
When you’re able to what happens in your surroundings even in the dark, your mind is at peace. Installing a few security camera systems can really make a difference.
8 Channel Wireless Security Camera System – A Comparison Of The Best Wireless Surveillance Camera System
With this Reolink’s system, you won’t miss a single thing. It’s the best 8 channel security system on the list and one of the finest on the market.
A solid system like this can help you monitor your property, but not if you’re away from home a lot because the ZOSI app is unreliable.
Considering that the security system comes with quality cables, this Reolink product should be used for monitoring spacious grounds.
Being that it’s simple to install, the SMONET 8 channel security system might be a good choice for first-time buyers.
Although ZOSI 720p is a system of the lowest quality on the list, it’s affordable and still good for low-key surveillance.
8 Security Camera Systems- Things to Look for In A Surveillance Camera System
How difficult is it, really, to choose the right 8 channel security system? Well, a newbie much like yourself may feel quite lost in a sea of brand new information, abbreviations, etc. I first felt that people in the surveillance business have a secret language of their own.
However, I’m happy to tell you that getting to know the security system world is far easier than it looks. Let’s start with making a checklist and thus completely simplifying this process. Once you go through the following properties, you’ll get an idea of what to look for in an 8 channel security system.
Are you looking for something more? Here is our guide on 16 Channel Security Camera Systems that our experts reviewed.
8 Security Camera Systems – The Camera Resolution
For starters, a security system is no good if it has poor camera resolution. Before you even start thinking about other properties, make sure to check the camera quality first.
Considering the fact technology is quite available and fairly affordable, you shouldn’t settle for less than HD quality. It’s possible to find a security system for a business or home surveillance system that’s both affordable and capable of showing you license plate numbers, for example.
Surveillance Camera System’s Night Vision
In the majority of cases, security breaches happen during the night. With this in mind, your choice should also be affected by night vision properties.
For a camera to be able to show clear night footage, it needs an Infrared filter. Otherwise, the shapes will just melt into each other. Although a camera can be intimidating to potential trouble-makers by itself, it should still be able to function properly in the dark.
In addition, you should also find out how far into the distance a camera sees. Now, you might not need a reach that goes up to 100ft if you want to monitor your home only, for instance. However, if you have a vast property, you do need a long nighttime reach.
Our Recommendation for a great night vision camera: Battery Powered Security Camera
Wireless 8 Channels Should Have A Powerful DVR/NVR
My suggestion is to get a system that you can upgrade if you want or need to. For that reason, I’ll be suggesting 8 channel security systems. Even though you might not need to set up eight different cameras right away, it doesn’t mean you won’t have to in the future. Then, it’s better to just purchase an additional camera than to replace the entire system.
Therefore, you should look for a system with a powerful digital video recorder (DVR) or a network video recorder (NVR). Considering its purpose is to connect all your cameras to your TV, this isn’t the part where you should save money. If the NVR/DVR isn’t sending the signal properly, the security system is pointless.
Customizable Motion Detectors For Wireless Surveillance System
A number of security system owners have serious headaches because of motion detectors.
Namely, the purpose of motion detectors is to activate in case of a suspicious movement. However, most of the security systems are too sensitive. In case that a security system is sensitive, you will receive many emails and app notifications. When I say many, I really mean many — your phone battery will drain just because of the alarms.
For that reason, make sure that the motion detector sensitivity is customizable before making a purchase.
Security Camera System 8 Channel Best Features Will Have A Reliable Functional Software
You also need a good piece of software that will help you navigate your security system. In most cases, companies offer an app that you can install free of charge. Its entire purpose is to allow you to remotely control and monitor your system.
Interestingly enough, remote controls are problematic for the majority of companies. It so happens that some users are quite satisfied with a brand’s app while others can’t stand the same interface.
Because of that, it’s always a good idea to do your own research and have a test run. In most cases, companies offer a full money-back guarantee within a month or two, so testing shouldn’t be a problem.
Quality Equipment For A 8 Channel Wireless Security System
Firstly, I’d advise you to check how resilient the camera cases are. If you plan on installing some of your cameras outdoors, it’s quite important that the case is waterproof.
Secondly, the cord quality may also be an issue if you’re living in harsh climate conditions. Therefore, your checklist should also contain cable quality test. As you will find out, there are different types of 8 channel security systems designed for different use.
Reliable Support Team
In the surveillance business, it’s quite necessary to have a reliable partner. The company you choose will become your support, potentially for a lifetime.
For that reason, I suggest that you pay attention to the way a company communicates with the customers. The fact is that problems will always be there — that’s just how life works. What’s important is to find out how companies deal with a problem when it appears.
Furthermore, a support team may ask to have an overview of your privacy. Most people decide not to allow this kind of insight, but the bottom line is that extra surveillance can always come in handy. In case you decide that a support team should have access to your footage, you first need to make sure it’s in good hands.
8 Security Camera Systems – Full Surveillance System Product Reviews
For this article, I selected five different 8 channel security camera systems within a similar quality range. However, the security systems have different characteristics — each of them is designed for a different purpose.
So, my goal is to help you find a security system that fits your needs.
8 Video Surveillance Camera System – #1 ZOSI 8CH HD-TVI Full 1080p DVR w/ 4PCS 1920TVL Cameras (LYSB00MP57IOY-ELECTRNCS)
If you share some of my experience, living in a bad neighborhood makes you want to protect your property both inside and out. ZOSI might have a good product for you — the company has been in the security business since 2006.
For starters, you should know what this ZOSI package includes. Although it’s an 8 channel security system, this particular package comes with a DVR and four cameras. All the devices are HDTV with 1080p camera resolution.
However, you can connect the DVR with eight different cameras. Because it’s compatible with AHD, CVI, analog, and HD-TV cameras too, you’ll have a lot of options.
Because the case is resilient; you will be able to install the security cameras both indoors and outdoors. ZOSI cameras are weatherproof — the aluminum case keeps them safe from the elements. You don’t have to worry about the system even if you live in harsh climate conditions.
Once you set up the system, you can use any smartphone to install the ZOSI app. Other than the live view, the app allows you to rewind the footage as well. In addition, in case the motion detectors get activated, your phone will sound the alarm. You can also set the alarm feature to send a notification to your email address.
Moreover, the cameras are equipped with infrared cut-off filters. When the night vision mode is on, cameras can reach 65ft, and because of the filters, the footage will be satisfyingly clear.
Furthermore, your package will also arrive with a hard drive that has 1TB of storage. You can set the DVR up to overwrite old data and thus you don’t have to give the footage storing a second thought.
Finally, ZOSI offers interesting benefits to its customers. First of all, the team will provide you with lifetime-long support. In case you decide you don’t like the security system, you can rely on the company’s 60-day refund policy. In the end, if the equipment malfunctions in the first year, the ZOSI team will replace it free of charge.
Pros & Cons
The only problem with this product that users report is about remote controls. It’s likely that the ZOSI app won’t work as well as you’d want it to. Sometimes, the app has issues with loading, other times it just freezes.
Some people complain about the infrared filters, but the video quality is completely fair for the price.
To conclude — the ZOSI product is a reliable security system. Cameras have a decent reach that will cover your entire back yard, for example. However, if you’re away a lot, perhaps you should consider another system because of the uneven app performance.
- 【H. 265+ 8Ch Full 1080P HD-TVI DVR/4pcs 1080P 2 0MP weatherproof camera】-- get a sharp and crisp image day or night with the camera's automatic IR-CUT filter Up to 65ft night vision Aluminum...
- 【Expandable camera system】-this is 8Channel Full 1080P 4-in-1 DVR which supports analog HD-TVI CVI AHD camera It provides you the flexibility to extend additional cameras You can add more 4pcs...
- 【Built in 1TB Seagate Skyhawk Security Grade Hard Drive】-- Support ultra-long continuous recording and backup by USB. Dvr can be set to automatically overwrite the oldest internally stored footage...
- 【View from anywhere anytime】-- The free App ZOSI smart lets you see all of your cameras in one place Check in on your home or business wherever you have an internet connection Free app for live...
- 【H. 265/H. 265+ High Efficiency Video Compression】-- with the advanced H. 265 technology, which could double the data compression ratio, keep the high quality video even with low bit-rate, it...
- 【Advanced Motion Detection & Instant alerts】You can customize a specific motion detection zone in each camera to minimize false alerts. Smart Instant notifications and email alerts will be pushed...
- 【Customize Each Camera with Different Record Modes】 Our ZOSI DVR offers 4 kinds recording modes to meet your needs: Record footage continuously; Record during scheduled times; Only record when...
#2 ZOSI 8CH 720p DVR w/ 4PCS Weatherproof Cameras (8AN-211B4-00-US)
It’s challenging to find an affordable 8 channel security system that’s glitch-free — usually, the cheaper ones have fewer camera plugs.
I believe that ZOSI made a decent product exactly for a group of people who don’t have the fortune to give for their surveillance. As you’ll see, the security system in question is highly-functional for the price.
Cameras have a 72-degree view angle and night vision that can reach up to 65ft during nighttime. In addition, the case is made of resistant aluminum and is therefore weatherproof. With this sort of equipment, you can easily monitor both inside and outside of your home.
The original package comes with four FHD cameras. However, the system is pretty compatible with other devices. You can connect additional four cameras to the DVR, which also agrees with TVI, CVI and analog devices.
As far as the actual surveillance goes, you can connect the DVR with your smartphone or a TV — or both. Users usually install the official ZOSI app. Aside from the live view, you can also customize the system — set it up to record continuously, at the exact time of the day, or just in case motion detectors get activated.
Pros & Cons
The eight-channel system is easy to set up — you don’t need to have any experience to do it. However, you need to be careful with the cords because they are low-quality. It’s not that the cords aren’t working properly once you set them up — you don’t have to worry about that. Just be very gentle with them in the installation process.
Have in mind that the security system doesn’t come with a hard drive — you’ll have to solve the storage problem on your own.
Although the app is simple to navigate, it glitches. As a matter of fact, a number of users claim the piece of software froze in the worst possible moment. That’s not something you want in a surveillance system.
Finally, you should know that the motion detection system is quite sensitive. Even if you lower their sensitivity settings, your email inbox might still be overflowing with alarms.
In conclusion, although ZOSI’s 8 channel security system has its problems, it’s still useful for low-key surveillance.
- �8CH 1080N HD-TVI DVR/4pcs 720P Waterproof camera-- Get a sharp and crisp image day or night with the camera's automatic IR-cut filter. Up to 65ft night vision. Aluminum weatherproof housing, cameras...
- �Expandable Camera System--This 8channel 4-in-1 DVR which supports Analog, HD-TVI, CVI ,AHD Camera. it provides you the flexibility to extend additional cameras.You can add more 4pcs 720P or 1080P...
- �View from anywhere anytime-- The free mobile phone app lets you see all of your cameras in one place. Check in on your home or business wherever you have an internet connection. Free App for Live...
- �Customizable motion detection zone and Alerts-- Be notified when there are unexpected movements. Smart notifications with image will be pushed to your smartphone via iPhone/Android App. You also can...
- �No Include Hard Drive--This system does not come with hard drive. Assembling a 3.5 inch SATA 500GB to 2TB hard drive is necessary. DVR can be set to automatically overwrite the oldest internally...
#3 Reolink 8CH 5MP PoE Home Security Camera System (RLK8-410B4-5MP)
If you need an 8 channel security system that will clearly show you even the smallest details, Reolink might have something for you. The company created a powerful security system.
Considering that you’ll be looking at 2560 × 1920 camera resolution, you won’t miss a single thing in your neighborhood. Your TV will receive a clear, vivid image in HD.
Although night vision might be a bit more problematic for some cameras, this 8 channel security system doesn’t have similar issues. The video material will stay high quality and the cameras will reach up to 100ft into the distance.
In addition, the case isn’t the only thing that’s weatherproof. Reolink cords are easy to install and they are properly protected from outer influence. We’re talking about CAT6 ethernet cables.
Although it’s an 8 channel security system, the original package contains only four cameras. However, you can use the remaining four ports and add dome, PoE, or bullet cameras.
Furthermore, the package also comes with a 2TB hard drive — you won’t have issues with storage room.
To keep track of the footage, you can connect the DVR to your TV or a smart device. The Reolink security system comes with an app — it’s probably the easiest way to control the cameras.
Pros & Cons
The most problematic thing about the Reolink’s system is its piece of software that goes with the package. According to users, it’s outdated, it’s not easy to navigate, and it glitches.
In addition, the notification system is also flawed. After motion detectors are activated, the system needs up to four minutes to notify you. In that much time, a lot can happen.
Moreover, some users report problems with footage browsing. However, it seems that this issue doesn’t appear as a pattern but as a simple system bug in rare cases.
To conclude — if you are patient enough to deal with an outdated piece of software, Reolink is a good choice for surveillance. Truth be told, cameras are high-quality and if Reolink solves their software problems, the entire system will be as well.
- Stunning HD Display – This security camera system displays in a 2560 × 1920 HD detailed image, providing users with crystal-clear footage both during the day and at night. Enjoy our improved Night...
- Plug and Play PoE System – The camera kit comes with 60ft network cables, which allows for easy installation and set-up. After connecting the security cameras to the NVR ports, recording and live...
- Stable Wiring and Digital Signal – Unlike a CCTV DVR system, videos from the IP camera system will not lose quality or be destroyed by faulty cables. A strong digital signal maintains a 5MP...
- HDD Storage and Remote Playback – With pre-installed 2TB HDD, videos can be recorded and stored for ten days without overwriting occurring. Users can add one external 4TB HDD via the camera’s...
- Flexible Operation – Reolink 5MP cameras are equipped with 8 PoE ports on the NVR video recorder, making the security system flexible enough to work with up to 8 Reolink PoE, bullet or dome cameras.
#4 SMONET 8CH 960P NVR Pre-installed 1TB Hard Drive and 4 x 960P (1.3MP) Bullet Cameras
When you’re a first-time home security system buyer, you’re probably thinking about how challenging the installation is. Well, SMONET has a system that’s quite simple to set up and use, which makes it perfect for newbies.
Although the SMONET designed an 8 video surveillance, have in mind that its cameras do need to charge. However, the NVR and the cameras are indeed wirelessly connected, which makes installation simpler than with cords.
You should also know that the pack comes with four cameras, but the NVR has eight ports so you can connect it to additional devices.
Moreover, you can use any smart device to keep track of the security system. SMONET also has an app that’s compatible with both Android and Apple phones.
WIth 950p camera resolution, the 8 channel security system can survive both indoors and outdoors of your property and still enjoy a high-quality image. Because of the infrared LED, the nighttime footage will also be completely clear and you’ll be able to see 65ft in the distance.
Pros & Cons
Although the camera quality is truly superb, chances are you won’t be able to see the footage from your phone. SMONET claims that the app is functional, but users say that’s not true in practice — software is just not good.
In addition, make sure that you set up the sensitivity of your motion detectors and I recommend to go with low. The most sensitive setting will drive your phone and you crazy.
In conclusion, if you’re able to keep track of the system on a TV, it’s worth it. Otherwise, you’ll probably be very frustrated.
- 8 Channel 960P Wireless Security Camera System(8CH NVR + 6 Cams) for Villa, Home, Office, Shop, Warehouse or elsewhere(Indoor/ Outdoor). 1TB Hard Drive Pre-installed. Please Note that this is not...
- Wireless Video Security System is Easy to Setup and DIY Installation without any Video Cables. True Plug and Play. Connect the NVR and Cameras with Power Supply Provided. Connect the Mouse to NVR....
- Wireless Surveillance Camera System Allows you to View the Live Video Remotely Anytime and Anywhere by Phone and Pad(Available for Android & IOS system, not Windows Users). Download Free APP “IP...
- Wireless IP Camera System Supports Sync-playback, Video Backup and Video detection. You can Receive Email Alerts upon Motion Detection or App Alert When Set it Up (Noted: Please Set it Up Properly to...
- Expandable System: Support Up to 8pcs Cameras. Only Compared with SMONET 960P IP Camera. Camera ASIN Code is B01IR4TVGO. If need, Search B01IR4TVGO. 1 Year Warranty and Lifetime Free Technical...
#5 Reolink 4MP 8CH PoE Video Surveillance System (RLK8-410B2D2)
Reolink might have a good security system for you if you need to cover spacious grounds. As you’ll find out, thanks to the length and the quality of the company’s cables, you can protect both your business and an outdoor property.
Reolink is a company that takes good care of its customers. If you become a Reolink user, its technical team will provide you with support for a lifetime. Besides, you can also return the 8 channel security system within 30 days and get a full refund. Also, there’s a two-year warranty.
As most 8 channel security systems do, this one too comes with four cameras only.
As far as the system goes, the cords are impressive. With the original pack, you’ll get 330ft of CAT6 cables as well as 270ft of CAT5 cables. The Reolink cables will allow you to easily spread out the cameras on a spacious property.
You shouldn’t worry about footage storing — a 2TB hard drive goes with the package.
Thanks to Infrared filters, the cameras can see up to 100ft into the distance and that’s during nighttime. With 1440p camera resolution, the image will be clear and vivid.
Other than the TV surveillance, you can also use the Reolink app to keep track of everything that’s happening on your property.
Pros & Cons
Although the company claims otherwise, the Reolink NVR isn’t quite compatible with third-party cameras. If you want to upgrade your system with an extra camera, I suggest that you purchase it from Reolink.
In addition, the 8 channel security system isn’t simple to install if you haven’t done anything similar before. Have in mind that you can use the system to monitor only four cameras at the time.
To conclude — if you have some experience with setting up security systems, Reolink is a good choice for a spacious property
- Plug and Play PoE Camera System – With a simple PoE connection, users only need to plug the security camera into the NVR, making installation easy enough beginners and convenient enough for DIY...
- Built-in 2TB Hard Drive – Supports 8 channels recording simultaneously. Secure your home and business 24/7 with smart motion-triggered alerts. Users can also set their NVR to automatically overwrite...
- 4MP Super HD and Vivid Night Vision – Get magnificent images and videos day or night with 1440p resolution. An advanced automatic IR-cut filter helps to capture surroundings at night for up to...
- Remote Access – The free Reolink app allows you to add an unlimited quantity of Reolink cameras for Live View. Users can you can watch security footage through WiFi-enabled or 2G, 3G, and 4G smart...
- 2-Year Warranty – Users can enjoy a 30-day money back guarantee, 2-year quality warranty, and life-time tech support.
The Winning Wireless Security Camera Systems (8 Channel)
Pronouncing the winner in the 8 channel security system category is challenging because the mentioned products have a different purpose.
If we’re looking for the most quality security system, that would be the #3 Reolink. The image you’ll be able to see with this security camera system 8 channel is without comparison. Besides, the 8 channel surveillance have 100ft reach during the night. Therefore, if you need to catch even the tiniest details with your security system, perhaps you need this one.
As you can see, a recurring problem with the systems I listed is software. As long as you keep track of the footage using TV lines, you won’t have any issues. However, once you try to consult a piece of software, all hell breaks loose. Luckily, all the companies on the list have great support teams — professionals will help you when necessary.
In the end, I can only advise you not to get the most expensive system just because you think the price determines quality. Select a system that matches your needs.